Struggle for Equality
|Column I||Column II|
|(i) Privatisation of hospitals||(a) Inequality on the basis of caste and gender|
|(ii) Dalit girl||(b) Displacement of people|
|(iii) Dam building||(c) Unaffordable for poor people|
Answer: (i) - c, (ii) - a, (iii) - b
Fill in the blanks
- TMS stands for _____.
- ____ is a provision in the Indian Constitution.
- The work of building the Tawa dam was started in the year ____.
- Displacement leads to uprooting of villages and ____.
- The catch from the fishworkers was bought at a fair price by a _____.
Answer:(a) Tawa Matsya Sangh, (b) Equality, (c) 1958, (d) Bastis, (e) Cooperative
Multiple Choice Questions
Question 1: The TMS was formed in the state of
- Madhya Pradesh
Answer: (b) Madhya Pradesh
Question 2: The TMS demanded the right to continue their livelihood by organising ____
- Chakka Jams (Road blockade)
- Both a and b
- None of the above
Answer: (c) Both a and b
Question 3: The Tawa joins ____ in Hoshangabad
Answer: (b) Narmada
Question 4: Branding is an example of inequality based on _____
- Financial status
Answer: (a) Financial status