Progress Report on team
The progress report gives a handy check to assess where the team is compared to where it wanted to reach in terms of performance.
Customer satisfaction report
Whatever a company does, the ultimate aim should be to satisfy customers. So, customer satisfaction report tells if a particular quality programme is really useless or just a window dressing.
Progress on meeting goals
Gap analysis helps to chalk out further plans to fill the gap in target Vs performance.
New Project teams
The meeting can also be about announcing some new projects and who will be in the team to handle that project.
Celebration has been an integral part of human civilization since time immemorial. They have morale boosting effect on everyone.
Benchmarking is a good way to learn from the best practices. If some members are doing exceptionally good then others should try to emulate their ways of working towards a particular assignment.
It should be prepared by senior management personnel. Quality statement works as guideline to carry out the quality objective set by the mission and vision statements.
- Customer needs: Before starting any long term plan to attain an objective assessment of customer needs is very important. Every activity of an organization should be directed towards satisfying the customer needs.
- Customer positioning: No two individual is same, so every type of customer should be treated as per his/her profile. You cannot sell a premium product to a price conscious customer.
- Predict the future: If the top management can foresee the future then it helps enable the organization to prepare for future changes. Let us take example of SONY. With rapid change in technology SONY has changed its product portfolio, so it is now MP3 player instead of Walkman which we get from SONY.
- Gap Analysis: Gap analysis is about the difference between what needs to be done and what are we currently doing. It can give a clue about whether the organization should increase or decrease capacity for a particular product.
- Closing the gap: If there are gaps then long term plans should be about how to fill that gap.
- Alignment (with vision and mission): Whatever quality goals an organization is chalking out it should not lose focus from the long term vision and mission of the organization.
- Implementation: Once every plan about goals is ready then the next step should be to plan about the methodologies of implementation.
- Create and publish the aims and purposes of the organization: Once all the goals have been finalized then it should be properly documented and published so that it can be communicated to people down the line. Communication is the only means to educate people about a new paradigm.
- Learn the new philosophy: Learning the new philosophy is important as it is required for paradigm change. Most of the people show resistance to change. So, people’s education is important to make them amenable towards change.
- Understand the purpose of inspection: Once frontline people are properly educated about the purpose of inspection they will accept it as an integral part. Otherwise it would be viewed as another method to cross check them and put a vigil on them.
- Stop awarding business based on price alone: Supplier should be selected on other criteria apart from price.
- Improve constantly and forever the system: Any system takes time to evolve and can never be a perfect system. So, systems should be continuously improved to gain optimum efficiency.
- Institute training: Training is an important tool to impart new skills and to augment older skills. Whenever an organization is trying to chart a new quality goal then everybody should be properly trained to have good understanding of the new way of doing things.
- Teach and institute leadership: Every employee should be groomed as a leader. Leadership skills help people to solve problems on their own. Moreover, by instilling a sense of leadership the organization can instill a sense of pride towards work among individuals.
- Drive out fear, Create Trust and Create a climate for innovation: People should never get an impression that the new programme is going to be a tool to keep vigil on them. They should be taken into confidence by showing trust in them. It’s a two way relationship and if you trust your people then they will trust you in turn.
- Optimize the efforts of teams, Groups and Staff areas: The whole is always greater than the some of its parts. So, team’s output should be always be optimized to have better results.
- Eliminate exhortations for the work force: Pressure at the workplace can create havoc for performance. So, no kind of exhortation should be used to get the desired results. The boss should work like a co-worker.
- Eliminate numerical quota and eliminate management by objective.
- Remove barriers that rob people of pride of workmanship
- Encourage education and self improvement for everyone
- Take action to accomplish the transformation