Question 1: Use the bar graph to answer the following questions.
(a) Which is the most popular pet?
(b) How many students have dog as a pet?
Question 2: Read the bar graph which shows the number of books sold by a bookstore during five consecutive years and answer the following questions:
- About how many books were sold in 1989? 1990? 1992?
Answer: `175 + 475 + 225 = 875`
- In which year were about 475 books sold? About 225 books sold?
Answer: 1990 = 475 books and 1992 = 225 books
- In which years were fewer than 250 books sold?
Answer: 1989 and 1992
- Can you explain how you would estimate the number of books sold in 1989?
Answer: The bar is lower than 200 mark but a little higher than halfway mark between 100 and 200. Hence, it should be about 175
Question 3: Number of children in six different classes are given below. Represent the data on a bar graph.
|No. of children||135||120||95||100||90||80|
(a) How would you choose a scale?
Answer: I will select each box as showing 20 students.
(b) Answer the following questions:
- Which class has the maximum number of children? And the minimum?
Answer: Fifth class has the maximum number of children, while tenth class has the minimum number of children.
- Find the ratio of students of class sixth to the students of class eight.
Answer: Number of students in class sixth = 120
Number of students in class eighth = 100
Ratio `= (120)/(100) = 3/4 = 3:4`
Question 4: The performance of a student in 1st Term and 2nd Term is given. Draw a double bar graph choosing appropriate scale and answer the following:
|1st term (MM 100)||67||72||88||81||73|
|2nd term (MM 100)||70||65||95||85||75|
- In which subject, has the child improved his performance the most?
- In which subject is the improvement the least?
Answer: Social Science
- Has the performance gone down in any subject?
Answer:Yes, in Hindi
Question 5: Consider this data collected from a survey of a colony.
- Draw a double bar graph choosing an appropriate scale.
Answer: Refer to above graph.
- What do you infer from the bar graph?
Answer: Number of people watching a sport is more than number of people participating in it.
- Which sport is most popular?
- Which is more preferred, watching or participating in sports?
Answer: Watching a sport is more preferred than participating in it.
Copyright © excellup 2014