Match the following
|Column I||Column II|
|(i) Wave||(a) Labrador Current|
|(ii) Cold current||(b) Tsunami|
|(iii) Tide||(c) Gulf Stream|
|(iv) Warm current||(d) Spring and Neap|
Answer: i - b, ii - a, iii – d, iv – c
Fill in the blanks:
- A huge tidal wave is called _________
- World Water Day is celebrated on _____
- ________ help in navigation.
- _________affects navigation.
- _____ is a cold current.
- The process by which water continually changes its form and circulates between ocean, atmosphere and land is called the _____.
Answer: (1) Tsunami, (2) March 22, (3) High tide, (4) Meeting of warm and cold currents, (5) Labrador Ocean Current, (6) Water Cycle
Multiple Choice Questions
Question 1: ______ have calm waters
- Both b and c
Answer: (d) Both b and c
Question 2: _____ is not a fresh water source.
Answer: (d) Ocean
Question 3: The following are the types of tides ___
- Spring tide
- Autumn tide
- Neap tide
- Both a and c
Answer: (d) Both a and c
Question 4: The areas where the warm and cold currents meets helps in_____
- Getting a good catch
- Both a and b
- None of the above
Answer: (a) Getting a good catch
Question 5: _____ is a warm current
- Labrador Ocean Current
- Gulf Stream
- All of the above
Answer: (b) Gulf Stream